Book here and save up to 10% discount.
Sports & Pleasure
The fascinating mountains of Zermatt, with 36 peaks over 4000 metres in height, offer visitors a multitude of sports activity options both in summer and in winter.
All year round
Alpine activities have been of great importance to the development of the Matterhorn village, and there is a great variety of mountain and ski tours offered, ranging from the easiest four thousand metre Alp peaks to the classical Haute Route from Zermatt to Chamonix. The Alpine Center Zermatt offers various tours led by experienced mountain guides. Of course, there are also numerous marked hiking trails that lead to some cosy mountain restaurants and let you experience nature at its very best.
- Fitness training at the Matterhorn fitness studio
- Swimming at the Hotel Arca (brine pool)
- Indoor tennis courts at the hotels Alex and Alpen Resort
- Bowling at Hotel Bristol
Excursions by train through the mountains of Zermatt
- Alpen-Metro to Sunnegga
- Cog railway to Gornergrat, aerial cableway to Rote Nase and Stockhorn
- Aerial cableways to the Klein Matterhorn area
Only flying is better
- Helicopter rides around the top of the Matterhorn
- Helicopter taxi service to the closest big cities
- Paragliding flights: passenger flights and flying lessons
- Skiing: Zermatt has over 150 km (93.2 miles) of groomed downhill trails that extend over three main ski areas and are easily reached using the available lift facilities.
- Cross-country skiing: 2 marked, 7 km (4.3 miles) long cross-country ski trails are located slightly above Zermatt.
- Walking/Hiking: there are 30 km (18.6 miles) of marked walking and hiking paths open in the winter.
- Skating rink: is located in the village.
The ski schools in Zermatt are happy to provide skiing, snowboarding and cross-country skiing lessons.
Winter adventure sports
- Sledding and evening excursions
- Ice climbing
- Ice skating
- Matterhorn ski safari
- Ski tours
- Mountain biking
- Matterhorn rafting
- Forest fun park
- Dirt scooter
- Hiking and mountain climbing
- Summer skiing
- 9-hole golf course in Täsch